Let me tell you a story

28 October 2008

Last Thursday I was sitting in a cab. Yes, the ones sporting the yellow "Jemput Naik" stickers. So I was sitting on the cab, trying to get back from Carrefour to HSG.

Four of us in the car, the rain drizzling outside the cab. The driver was a pretty nice guy. Loud, but nice anyway. He was cracking some jokes in BM which I didn't quite understand but ah, laugh with him anyway.

And this was the plan: we drop people off one by one, but we pay the accumulated fees only when the last person gets off, to cut cost lar. Then halfway through the journey, taxi driver suddenly said,

"You know, actually it's legal to reset the meter whenever someone gets off. It's legal, know?? I'm not cheating you! If I wanted to cheat you, I would just tell you, 'TWENTY RINGGIT!' and you'll have to pay me that much. But I don't like cheating people, so people don't cheat me also!"

And he burst out laughing again.

Well because SOMEONE *cough*Sean*cough* didn't want to pay some extra Rm5, I had to start walking from the Parkson area all the way to HSG - it was about a 30 minutes walk.

*

Then so happen this girl found out that she'd left her wallet on the taxi. IC, cards, cash - all inside. All lost.

Then one day, as she said it, "An angel appeared at my front door". Because right there was taxi driver, with her wallet, delivering it right to her personally.

*

An excerpt from Evan Almighty:
God: How do you change the world?
Evan: One single act of random kindness at a time.


You can be a hero. Heroes do what's right.
Jo

0 people had something to say: