I heart Jack Neo films

02 October 2008

So yesterday my brother brought back this VCD (shh... don't tell), telling all of us, "Very nice one!! Very funny!"



Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers was on at 10pm, Batman Begins was on at 11.45pm. Choices, choices...

So in the end mom took the initiative to decide that we will all watch Money No Enough 2.

If you don't know who Jack Neo is, he is the same person who brought you



And also



I was initially quite skeptical about the film - it even has errors in its title! (Yes I know that it was intentional) And when the show started, I noticed that I couldn't understand the subtitles, PLUS they were speaking in some dialect that I don't understand.

So I went off to MSN.

And like I do to all movies I don't quite like, I only started watching it near the climax. 


"It's all about sending a message..."

Like how wikipedia says it, "...help us to reflect at our own priorities while giving us a chance to laugh at ourselves." 

If I were to come up with a list of my favourite films, all three will make it to my list - not because it has amazing action scenes or oscar-worthy actors, but because every one of his films has, in one way or another, taught me a very valuable lesson. After all, who can forget the importance of kind words after watching I Not Stupid Too?


"I'm not stupid. Really."

I love it for the same reason I love those Chinese short stories that I used to read - it can entertain you, it can make you laugh, but at the end of it all there is always a lesson to be learned.

After watching intense, thrilling, car-chasing, gun blazing, building collapsing films like The Dark Knight, it was a really, really relieving and fun film to watch.

You have just got to watch it for yourself =)


I really should be studying,
Jo

0 people had something to say: