Whoo!

05 December 2008

iThink...

Therefore iCook.

If you remember some time ago, I attempted to put burger patties into bread instead of the burger bun.

Didn't turn out too well.

I had always been intrigued by cooking: How was it that those people in restaurants can cook with seemingly the same things i use to cook at home, and theirs always taste better?

When the mamak guy cooks Maggi Goreng, it always turns out well.

When I cook Maggi Goreng, it becomes a blackened lump of viscous, sticky... thing.

When Pastor Cheah cooks fish, the plate is licked clean.

When I cook fish... well actually i've never dared to try.

So about an hour ago I was in a dilemma: Order McDs, Order Nandos, or heat up last night's food?

McDs is not filling enough, Nandos demand that I order mroe than Rm25 worth before they're willing to deliver it over here, and last night's food... is, well, last night's food.

So inspired by a Nando's recipe, I decided to try my hand at making cheese-baked rice. No one's at home, so no one's gonna complain ahahaha.

After a lot of pots and pans and cackling oil later, my cheese-fried rice came out! Yeah, I know it was supposed to be cheese-baked rice, but the oven is so worn out that I don't know which knob is which anymore. I figured that frying is just as good as baking.

Well what to say... it came out much better than I expected it to! =D Apart from the overwhelming cheesiness (or is it supposed to taste like that?) it turned out to be a great meal! =)


I'm gonna cook again tomorrow! Ahaha run younglings run
Jo

0 people had something to say: