Promo: LOUD Christmas!

10 December 2008

This face will ring a bell in most of your heads.



Many apologies for the very unflattering picture but it was the most not-unflattering picture I could find from her website.

Well the look aside, Juwita Suwito has always been THE local artist for me. Ever since seeing her performing in HUGE Camp way back in 2004, I have tried downloading a few tracks that she sung (I only managed to download one in the end), and I thought that she was pretty good!

So after saving up an amount of cash, I bought her first album - titled Brand New World in 2005 for Rm28. If you knew me then, I would've rather skinned myself than to spend that kind of money on anything, but I bought it, and I was definitely not disappointed with her amazing vocal performance on that CD.



"If there were singers, there were singers. Juwita Suwito is more than a singer, songwriter and overall superstar to many.. she's also a friend. Thanks for never forgetting us Juwita! Your fan, stan. I mean JFK"
- JFK (Hitz.FM)

Well, after a period of being on hiatus(?), I finally saw her again, this time right at my doorstep - in HSG's International Music Night. There, she sang her awesome power-packed rendition of Rihanna's Umbrella, which I am still desperately trying to find it on youtube, imeem - everywhere! up until now.

And who would have guessed that four months down the road, I will be seeing her again, at the same place?



This December 19th, Juwita Suwito is in the house, performing live at HSG KL! With tickets priced dirt cheap at Rm8 - Rm15, you have GOT to be kidding me if you say you would rather be doing something else.



And of course, the other notable artist who will be in the same place, performing alongside Juwita is our homegrown R&B artist, Liang.

It's a little tricky to find his name if you google it up, because of many other well-known figures like Guang Liang or even Zhuge Liang. But from what I have heard, he is one of Malaysia's more prominent artists.



Liang has won the AIM award, which is the highest honors in music as far as Malaysia is concerned. Well, if he can win that, he has to be something, right?

I personally am not such a big fan of R&B music, but you can still check out his music video, and you decide for yourself.



This December 19th: Loud Christmas... It ain't going to be a silent night.

0 people had something to say: