After one week...

21 September 2008

...You would've think that I'm dead already.

Just to sum it up, in the past 8 days I have:
1. Met up again with Christina =)
2. Got my very belated birthday gifts
3. Learn how to do differentiation using the multiplication rule (hohoho profound!)
4. Done an Add Maths paper which I described as "Brain-frying madness"
5. Signed up for prom
6. Gotten swarmed by people who got excited at the idea of me going for prom
7. Played with photoshop
8. Stepped into The Gardens for the first time in my life
9. Went to Italiannies

Yup, it has been one heck of an interesting week. The highlight of the week, though, was most definitely youth service on Saturday when Marie Brown personally came over to speak to the youths. Needless to say, it was a very thought-provoking session and I left the place that day completely refreshed.

What was interesting though, was when she told us to jot down in our bibles/notebooks/whatever a statement promising that we will never give up at what we are doing right now. I was with my pen all ready to write it down just like everyone else when the thought hit me.

This sounds familiar.

And immediately this thing which I drew last year came into my head.


This would be familiar to maybe some of you who took the liberty to look into MY notebook without MY permission. But at that moment I was completely blown away. Things don't coincide just like this.

And I just knew that it was God - because I am not that smart to think of something like that by myself. When I drew - or rather wrote that out, I did not even start to comprehend the impact that simple statement - Never S.T.O.P. had on my life as I went about this year.

There had definitely been times this year when I was just worn out and fatigued from everything that was coming at once, but each time I look back upon this statement; this promise I made to myself and to God, I pulled myself back up and right on track again.

There is so much more truth to this statement than what I know - simply because I know I'm not that smart to think of something as simple yet as powerful as this.


Never gonna S.T.O.P;
Jo

2 people had something to say:

Joe J Cheah said...

That's great man.
So hurry up and post the message so that we can all do the same thing man!

shihui said...

Cool Stop Statement Jo...